Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Grace - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Grace > Topics

Subject: The Joy of Christmas!
Replies: 0 Views: 1208

faithfil 24.12.11 - 08:24pm
THE JOY OF CHRISTMAS

Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. Nehemiah 8:10 for the joy of the LORD is your strength. Great joy is equal to great strength. The birth of Jesus Christ or the celebration of Christmas is about the Good News of great strength that has been made available to ALL PEOPLE. Christmas is a combination of two words: Christ and Mas. Christ is literally interpreted as the Anointed and His Anointing.

Mas means celebration. If you add the two it means the celebration of the anointing. The anointing according to the Word is:

Isaiah 10:27 And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

Yes!! Thats what we are celebrating!! The yoke- destroying, burden removing power of God. We are celebrating the fact that it has been made available to all men. Everyone!! Does not matter who or what you are. It does not matter where you have been or what you have done!! The angel described it as GREAT JOY WHICH SHALL BE TO ALL PEOPLE!! GREAT STRENGTH!! Get it?!!

There is a difference between joy and happiness. Happiness is governed by physical comforts. When everything is going your way. Joy, however, rejoices whether things are going your way or not. Joy is a spiritual force designed to put you above your current cir tances. Maybe the devil has fouled up your cir tances. Maybe so far this December or this whole year has been really bad and emotionally taxing to you! Do not wait till things change to rejoice! Do it now! By faith not feelings.

Acts 16:22 And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.
Acts 16:23 And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:
Acts 16:24 Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.
Acts 16:25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
Acts 16:26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

Verse 25 says; at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. Maybe it is also your midnight hour where cir tances are concerned. Do what they did! Rejoice. Sing praises unto God. Whether you feel like it or not! Remember, praise is an act of your will not your feelings as David by the Spirit of God puts it:

Psalm 9:1 To the chief Musician upon Muthlabben, A Psalm of David. I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
Psalm 9:2 I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
Psalm 9:3 When mine enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish at thy presence.

Notice that David said; I will, I will, I will, I will!!! He said WHEN and not IF my enemies turn back! Merry Christmas!! Take note of that first word. Merry!! Thats it!! Be merry!! Not just on the 25th of December. Do it all year round!! From Pastor A. Ndanda and family, have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!!

* Grace Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Grace

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits